Coronavirus (COVID 19) Update
To ensure a safe & healthy sailing experience
What we are doing now:
FLEXIBLE CANCELLATION POLICY:
COVID-19 CHECK LIST IS COMPLETE
3. All crew will follow good hygiene practices including washing their hands frequently. Health Stations with a locally made natural hand sanitiser will be easy to access.
4. Our meals will be modified to incorporate using eco friendly disposable serving platters and cups.
5. BYO beverages is welcome.
6. We will focus on our Half Day, Sunset Sails & Private Charters. The Full day Sail is available as a Private Charter only.
7. If you are unwell or have a temperature, you will not be able to board our vessels. Let us know the night before your sail and you will receive a refund. We will have a Forehead Thermometer available if we have concerns at boarding time.
8. Completed the TAFE COVID SAFE Work Training for dining in, updated our Work health & safety plan and also COVID Business plan.
25th of May
Due to the current government restrictions, we will continue to monitor & access our situation daily, but will accept bookings from the 1st of June.
We have reviewed our sailing tours & have made changes, adapting to the expectations from the government & health authorities. The health, well being & safety of you(our guests) and crew is our highest priority.
Although, our tours will be modified to suit the current situation we will continue to offer a high standard & unforgettable experience. We appreciate your understanding.
Our flexible cancellation policy allows you to book with confidence, with guests able to cancel up to 24 hours prior their sail & receive a full refund.
1. Guest numbers have been reduced on board to meet the social distancing restriction. Private Charters available.
2. Strict cleaning and disinfecting procedures on both our vessels before and after a sail.
Big Mama Sailing does not take responsibility for loss of personal items, theft or minor injury while participating in any of our cruises.
Our duty & safety to our guests is both important to us and acknowledged as conscientious operators of a boating venture. This approach is formed on the clear understanding of the nature of our operation and the embedded requirement to be conscious and considerate of the many dynamic circumstances in play while in a marine environment.
As part of our operational understanding we also believe and rely on the ability of our mature visitors to reasonably assess and determine their own capabilities when choosing to participate in the cruise and their individual levels of engagement of activities. This process we find works well and removes the need to implement a standardised regime which could preclude an individual from participation based on their own assessment.
It is our practise to accept ,where practical to do so the self assessment of our guests and attempt to accommodate where there are no demonstrable hazards to the contrary, believing the visitor to be the best judge of their own abilities. We find this a reasonable approach in allowing our guests to fulfil their expectations within there own personal levels of engagement resulting in a more personal experience.
Both, Stuart & Lisa, need to know about any medical issues, particularly matters than can impact an activity or result in an emergency. We can be hours or more away from emergency facilities. So being aware of potential complications is essential for all guests, vessel and crew safety. Guest medical information is confidential. But, we need to know so everyone has a wonderful and stress- free sailing experience.
More than 7 days full refund
1-7 days 50% refund
Less than 24 hours no refund
Our cruises are subject to the weather & we will cancel a cruise or move your booking to another date if possible, due to unsafe weather conditions as we prefer our guests to have a memorable & safe Big Mama experience. Our sails depart from Horseshoe Bay normally from Easter Holidays until approximately October. Once, the northerly winds are dominant, we will operate from Picnic Bay. Our guest minimum is 6 guests too.Also, the safety of Big Mama and her crew is important.
Big Mama Sailing ceases cruises mid/late January(weather dependent) & we do not operate mid January/February/March, due to our cyclone season & we return for the Easter School Holidays(early April).
This period of time is a great opportunity for us to maintain, refit & slip Big Mama for survey requirements.Also, we enjoy some quality family time.
Thanks for your understanding.