SAIL WITH THE HUMPBACK WHALES & DOLPHINS!
The normal time to see Humpback Whales is their migration period which is around early late June to early October!
A very special time of the year.....
to sail with the whales is an unforgettable experience!
Humpback whales are a extra bonus on our cruises but we are happy to offer Whale watching cruise ONLY.
Humpback whales are a baleen whale and are renowned for their spectacular behaviour of leaping out of the water, rolling in the air with their huge pectoral fins outstretched like wings, and crash noisily back into the water.
This is called BREACHING & it is an amazing sight to see!
There is a few reasons they breach- to clean pests from their skin or they might simply do it for fun.
Humpback whales have a small dorsal fin located nearly two-thirds of the way down their back, and their backs steeply arch as they dive – this is how the humpback got its name and it helps whale watchers distinguish them from other species.
Other unique features include large pectoral fins and black and white markings on the underside of the tail flukes. These markings are like fingerprints, no two are the same.
* Length Adults: 14m to 18m(As big as Big Mama);
Calves: 4m to 5m at birth
* Weight Adults: up to 50 tonnes; Calves: 2 tonnes at birth
* Gestation: 11 to 11.5 months
* Weaning age: up to 11 months
* Calving interval: 2 to 3 years
* Physical maturity age: 12 to 15 years
* Sexual maturity age: 4 to 10 years
* Mating season: June to October
* Calving season: June to October
* Cruising speed: 8km/h
* Blow pattern: Small and bushy, up to 4m
* Protected Since 1965